ROTOM is a Christian ministry dedicated to meeting the spiritual, social, physical, and psychological needs of the elderly and children under their care in Uganda & Ethiopia.
Join our growing community as we LEARN, SERVE & CHANGE together for the glory of our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ!
Offering your time and talent as a volunteer in the following areas allows ROTOM to save needed financial resources.
- IT and web design
- Admin and office support
- Writing, editing and proofing
- Invite ROTOM to share with your church, Sunday School class or community group.
- Invite a friend to coffee and tell them about the senior you sponsor and invite them to learn more.
- “Like” ROTOM on your Facebook page
JOURNEY FOR CHANGE
Offering support & encouragement to staff “in the field” and to the seniors ROTOM serves and their communities.
- This ROTOM lead mission trip to Uganda or
Ethiopia, offers you the opportunity to not only meet your senior friend, but to explore their
community and serve them. Connect with a
scheduled trip or enlist a group for a more
customized journey. Join us for the opportunity of a lifetime and the blessing of helping others.
- For more information contact: email@example.com
Partnering with local churches is a vital part of our ministry to African Seniors. Your community of faith has the opportunity to make a lasting impact here and on the other side of the world! Be a part of the global church and consider engaging in one of the following opportunities.
- Invite a ROTOM representative to visit your church
- Share ROTOM’s ministry to seniors in Uganda with your congregation during service or at Bible study, home group or youth group
- Add a link to ROTOM’s website on your church website
- Request an offering be made for a specific ROTOM program/fund
- Organize a fundraiser for ROTOM
- Support ROTOM regularly from your missions budget, deacons fund or special offering (e.g., Partnership Fund, Senior Friendship Program)
- Designate a time near October 1 (International Day for Older Persons) as ROTOM Partner Week
- Sponsor a team to Uganda
- We are open if you have other suggestions.
- Join the Advocacy & Advisory Council (serve in close partnership with ROTOM staff and board in an area of your interest and gifts)
- Serve as volunteer, missionary, or intern
- Become a friend to a senior (only $30/month)
- Become a partner in making the facilitation of our outreach possible (support the Partnership Fund)
- Share ROTOM with your clients, invite them to join you in reaching the seniors in need
- Support a senior or specific outreach (e.g. housing fund)
- Take an experiential trip to Africa with your clients and/or teams
WELCOME TO OUR NEW CHARITABLE MOVEMENT
WHERE SMALL CONTRIBUTIONS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE – 1$ AT A TIME!
Still serving the Grannies and Grampies in Uganda and Ethiopia, the DOLLAR CLUB is designed to highlight a specific need each quarter of the year. Needs may range from shoes or bedding to vegetable seeds or livestock. Once specified, all the DOLLAR CLUB donations made during that collection period will be used to address that need.
As an alternative to the Senior Friendship Program, the DOLLAR CLUB encourages smaller, one-time donations. $1 may seem like a small amount in the US but the DOLLAR CLUB affirms just how much $1 changes the lives of African Grannies and Grampies. Regular reports will be provided, revealing the direct impact of every donation that was a part of the Reach One Touch One DOLLAR CLUB. Collecting is simple and fun!
Sign up as a DOLLAR CLUB facilitator to receive details on current needs, project updates and reports.
Prepare your containers (buckets or jars) and affix the current dollar club label.
Get permission to allow your DOLLAR CLUB container at a desired location (church, gym, school, coffee shop, library, office, job site, sorority/fraternity event, choir/band practice….share your location ideas with us!)
Get talking once the donation period begins by sharing the DOLLAR CLUB message “Making a difference $1 at a time”!
Get counting by monitoring and collecting all the bucket donations and submitting one single donation at the end of the collection quarter via money order, check or online. Make sure to note ‘Dollar Club’ and your name as facilitator. It’s that easy!
Contact Lindsey if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for being part of the DOLLAR CLUB and more importantly, for being part of the DIFFERENCE.