Since its inception in 2003, ROTOM has supported over 1500 older persons and 500 children left in their care.
Reach One Touch One Ministries (ROTOM) is a non-denominational Christian organization reaching out to older persons and children in their care. It was started in Uganda in 2003 and has grown to become one of the most effective mission organizations supporting older persons in Uganda and Ethiopia.
The need to support older persons and their dependents in Africa is great. The number of people aged 60 and above in Africa is growing. It was estimated at 64.5M in 2015 and is expected to grow at 3.3% from 2015-2050. Therefore, the population of older persons expected to be 103M in 2030 and 205M in 2050.
Unfortunately, this growth in number, is not being matched with growth in support and care. Instead, older persons continue to be the most vulnerable people group on the continent.
ROTOM is committed to upholding Christian faith and its principles of:
- Love; Christ centered service beyond self (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
- Evangelism and discipleship; Sharing the Good news of Jesus Christ and nurturing believers (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Honesty; Open and truthful in word and deed (Proverbs 12: 22)
- Justice; Fair treatment for all without discrimination (Matthew 7:12)
- Respect; Acknowledge, serve and honor all humanity (Mark 10:45)
- Stewardship; Responsible and accountable to God and People for the use of resources entrusted to us (1 Peter 4:10)
- Team work; Value each person’s contribution (1 Corinthians 12:12-16)