We’re looking for an amazing, energetic and focused individual to join our Board of Directors. Is this you?
Come join an active, hardworking non-profit board committed to the health and social care needs of seniors in Africa.
Reach One Touch One (ROTOM) Canada, a registered Canadian charity, is searching for 2+ Board members. ROTOM Canada is a working Board of Directors that supports the implementation activities of ROTOM Uganda, an international NGO with a vision and mission to care for the health, social and spiritual needs of seniors living in poverty in Uganda and Ethiopia.
Many people do not realize that Sub-Saharan Africa is experiencing the fastest growing senior population in the world and, as a result of HIV/AIDS and other social/health factors, many of these seniors are raising the next generation – their grandchildren – with extremely limited resources for food, shelter, clothing or schooling. Through a sponsorship program, seniors are provided with basic health and social services as well as spiritual support and fellowship. Additional funds are raised for special projects related to basic healthcare, housing, shelter, water & sanitation, food security, and education for grandchildren.
Our base of operations is in the Toronto area; however, we encourage candidates from across Canada. ______________________________________________________________________________
ROTOM Canada is working to build a strong board with a range of skills and expertise to work to undertake growth in sponsorship, fundraising, and secure a strong future. It is important to note that:
- This is a working board – so please ensure you are prepared to offer at least 2 – 3 hours per week plus quarterly meetings (2 in person, 2 virtual).
- Consistent board attendance is required plus an expectation that you will sit on at least one sub-committee (e.g., finance, development, volunteer committee), contribute to fundraising activities and participate in most if not all additional events related to the organization.
Specific skills we’re looking for:
- Board experience a must – Public, private or NGO
- Experience in fundraising, corporate leadership, communication and strategic planning – preferred but not required
- As with all Board membership positions, there is an expectation of contributing financially to the organization either directly or indirectly (e.g., supporting fundraising; sponsoring a senior).
- This position is not remunerated. Board members serve a 2 year term, renewable once by the Board.
- Successful incumbents must be prepared to sign a confidentiality agreement and participate in a Board Orientation session.
If interested, please provide:
- A brief resume outlining board and professional experience
- A maximum one-page double spaced statement that outlines your interest in the activities of the organization as well as your potential contributions to the mandate of the organization
- Contact information for 2 – 3 references that can speak to your potential for contributing to this Board